As 2010 concludes and a new year waits for us, our minds are naturally pulled into the past, and through to the future.
They were probably a part of your accomplishments too, for rarely is a goal reached without the help and support of friends and family.
Create Clear Goals for 2011
To kick off the coming year, set one goal in each area of your life: career, health & nutrition, love & relationships, mind & learning, and spirituality & values.
Goals are more effective when they are personalized and detailed. Think Specific, Measurable, Amplified, Resonance, Technique-driven, or SMART.
1. Specific – Visualize the details of your goal.
2. Measurable – Document the amount of time needed, the end date, or another quantity such as cost.
3. Amplified – Supercharge your goal. How can your passion ignite your drive to complete it? Push your goal until you feel a bit of fear, but not so much that it will paralyze you. That fear will tell you you’ve touched a nerve, allowing you to see your goal more clearly, and create energy to complete your goal.
4. Resonance – Is your goal significant to you? Does it feel right? If so, you’ve connected your goal to your core being or values. When you hit a bump in your path, this connection will help to keep you moving forward.
5. Technique-driven – This is the knowledge and/or research required to fulfill your goal. Which school best meets your needs? What contacts will help to reach your goal? What start-up costs are needed? These questions help to make your goal a reality.
As you honor 2010, and make plans for 2011, I wish you a year of amazement in your discoveries, accomplishments and happiness.
Namaste (The divine light in me honors the divine light in you, as we are truly one),
Follow on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/elevationbeauty